Saturday, February 21, 2009

A New Service

I'm trying a new service today - well new to me anyway - its called "BlogMailR". If it works I can post directly from email....


8:00 - Rise
8:30 - Pint water, 2 servings Fruit
9:00 - Coffee w/1T Honey 2T half&half
10:00 -Chorizo & Eggs* (Major Props to Elise over at Simply Recipes)
Pint water, 2 Athletic, 2 Joint Renew, 1 MRM Attention

* As a kid who grew up on the Southside of San Antonio in the late 60's and early 70's I appreciate the heck out of two recipes in particular this one and one for Migas if anyone can point me to the particular version that was my favorite I'll be much obliged - this one is kinda obscure though...you'll have to have patronized a small family owned mexican restaurant - The name escapes me - right next to SAC on North Main (I think it was between West Park and Myrtle). At any rate, I had several versions of migas by the time I was old enough to be a student at SAC but my favorite was the one the owner fixed up when me and Manuel (my best friend since we were freshmen at Highlands High School) would go in as his first customers of the morning. I'll never forget the owner, a man I guess was in his late 40's or early 50's, making the sign of the cross and thanking God for his first sale of the day, the framed "Very First Dollar" he ever made, and the framed (yes framed) JFK Innagural Address album cover. This was a traditional place that became a bar in the evening - no I never went there at night I was way too cool for that you'd have found me at the Bone Club (around the corner and down a few blocks on San Pedro) or at Raw Power and Electric up the other direction on San Pedro....but I digress...as I read on someone else's blog "The Older I Get the Cooler I Used to be".

11:00 - Pint of water
12:00 PM - 2 pcs Fruit, Protein Shake (BSN Syntha-6 and water), Pint water

more later...
Tchau for now...

2 comments:

Sara said...

You were always the coolest oldest brother I've ever known! :) Just for you, I posted the thank you letter to my blog. As you are the only one who reads it, I'm saddened by the fact that the masses will never know my comic genius.

juandissimo said...

Alas - Talent is indeed a dull knife, which must be weilded with great force to produce results