Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Fallacy of the "Church" of Oprah

Three verses:
1) Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6

2) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. - Acts 4:12

3) “You shall not make for yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or that is on the earth beneath or that is in the water below. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, responding to the transgression of fathers by dealing with children to the third and fourth generations of those who reject me - Exodus 20:4-5

I can't say that I'm totally shocked by this video - but it is a sad statement for Oprah and the people following her down this path to nothing - she's so lost - and the best case scenario is that she just doesn't realize that she is lost. Oprah's favorite quote from this guy's book is that "Man created God?" I mean really, what is that supposed to be? Even Bertrand Russell, the philosopher and atheist had enough sense to recognize that "Unless you assume a God, the question of life's purpose is meaningless."

The most disturbing part of this video to me is that Oprah admits to having been raised in the church, and apparantly attended until her late 20's. How in the world does a person spend 26 or 27 years in the church and not know the context or meaning of the words. for I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God?

No comments: