Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Road to Hell...

AM:
Cup black coffee
Run (Easy 4 Mile pace)
Time: 24:30

Breakfast

2/3 Cup Eggology omlet (1 1/2 cups chopped onions, bell peppers, mushrooms & garlic )
2/3 Cup Frozen Mixed Veggies
20 oz. Water *
* One of the nice things in life about being a footballer is the collection Imperial Pint glasses I've amassed - they don't always have to hold the Wee Heavy, or Boddies

Snack
1/4 Cup Raw Organic Brazil Nuts

Snack
1/2 Cup Organic Oatmeal

Lunch

1 Can Water packed Tuna
1 Can Green Beans
32 oz. Water **
** One of the nice things in life about being a Dad who gives in occasionally is the growing collection of Bill Miller Texas Tea Buckets we have - they don't always have to hold Iced Tea

Snack
1/4 Cup Raw Organic Brazil Nuts

PM:
Kb -Swings (Alternate sets 2 Hand, LH, RH, DARCY)
6 Sets - 1 Minute On 30 Seconds Off

I originally intended to do some treadmill work and swim a few laps but as they say...the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Seriously I think the GymBoss is a neat little tool but its also a killer. I had visions of grandeur about doing 12 consecutive sets of swings 1 minute on and 30 seconds off. I got to 6 sets (yes it was hot and humid etc., but still) and I was a whipped puppy.
I felt so tired - my form was so bad by the time I finished the 6th set I didnt feel like I should push it any further. I am really OCD about form and tension.

Dinner:
Grass Fed Roast Beef (slow cooked all day***)
w/chopped onions, bell peppers, mushrooms & garlic
Salad (Spinach, Radish Greens, Radishes, Beet Greens, Beets, Zucchini, Carrot Greens, Carrots, and Celery (w/EVOO and Vinegar)
Pinto Beans
20oz Water

Bedtime:
5oz. Fat Bastard Chardonnay (gotta give it a plug - I really like this stuff).

No comments: