Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Not a Bad Day

Run: 33:23 (Easy 15-17 Minute pace)

Warm up

Turkish Get Up (4lb Med Ball) 5 each side
Windmill (4lb Med Ball) 3 each side
Leg Swap 5 each side
2 Hand Swings 20
1 Hand Swings 10 each side
Darcy Swings (Switch Hands) 10 each side

Adding the 4lb. medicene ball to the mix really helps me
stay focused on remaining zipped up through the entire movement.


Strength/Endurance
Super Set x 3
Bottoms Up Clean 5 each side
1 - Hand Bent Row 5 each side
Push Ups 10
Clean & Circle Drill (with Push Out) 7
1-Leg Dead lift (1 KB) 5 each side
Lying Press 5 each side
Clean & Waiter Press 5 each side
Asymmetric Push Ups (On Kettlebell) 5 each side
Swing & Squat 10 reps
Clean & Press 5 each side
(15 - 30 seconds rest between exercises, 1 minute between sets)


I was really strong until about midway through the 3rd set, then it became more of an exercise in form and will power. The exception being the BU Cleans I really struggled keeping the BU portion of the clean all the way through every repetition. I'm definitely getting stronger but its still not as easy for me as I want it to be.

Ballistic
5 minute drill x 2 (Do not put the kettlebell down)
2 Hand Swing, 1 Hand, Clean, Press, Snatch, Slingshot, Figure 8 & hold.

I had some high-flying notion that I was going to do 3 sets of the Ballistic Drill as well.
I was fairly beat down by the time I made it through the second set.


Cool Down
Plank position, Reed Stretch, Pump Stretch, Leg Swaps

No comments: