Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Anchorage?

Ok I found a marathon - Thanks to my online friend Jen for reminding me that it might be nice if I found an actual Marathon to participate in that coincides with my projected end training date of the 16th of May - May is decidely not the best time to find a marathon to run in my own great state of Texas. So without further ado I give you...



Ok...I'da know Anchorage may be a bit much price wise for 7 months from now... I have to take all the expenses into account (and my penchant for undisciplined budgetary matters) but still part of me says ... ya know... this could be do-able.

Anyway, let's just worry about today ... for now

This morning
4:30 AM Rise - No Shine - my daughter was up and would not go back down I needed to get up anyway to make some breakfast to send with my wife (otherwise she won't eat - I'm not guaranteed she ate what I made but hey... at least I tried).

4:45 - 5:15 AM - Hurricane Category I - Week 1 of 3 - Day 1
16Kg KB - I set the Gym Boss for 30 sec/90 sec split cycle and did the following:
  • DARC Swing x 3
  • 2 Hand Swing x 2
  • CP 10R
  • CP 10L
  • Snatch 10R
  • Snatch 10L
Hurricane Category I Protocol is actually for 15 Seconds Work and rest until HR <120bpm ... but its a pain in my ass to try meshing together the GymBoss set times and my actual heart rate recovery time so I decided to start at 90 sec rest and move it down progressively over the next 3 weeks.

Fuel:
5:45 AM - Breakfast
  • Pot of Coffee - 4 Cups Joe, 4 Tbsp Honey, 3 Tbsp half and half
  • 1 Potato, Egg & Avocado breakfast taco
10:00 AM - 8oz Coconut Water
10:30 AM - 16oz Green Tea
11:30 AM - Lunch (met with some colleauges @ the Silver Palace)
  • Broiled Filet of Sole
  • Steamed Veggies
  • Flan
  • 16oz Water(x 3 or 4 I wasn't paying attention)

1:30 PM - 8 oz Coconut Water w/about 8oz Green Tea (this was a drastic mistake but once I had poured them together I'm so cheap I wasn't going to waste the concoction so I drank it anyway).
4:30 PM - 16 oz Green Tea
5:15 PM - Apple
7:30 PM - Roasted Sweet Potatos w/Brown Rice & Edamame
9:30 PM - Hot Cocoa w/500mg Slo-Niacin & 2x Tension RX (nighttime)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Anchorage, huh? THAT's AWESOME! It should be beautiful that time of year. Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics. :)

juandissimo said...

Well - Anchorage is what I have in my head - because it's what I found - there may be something closer say in the Ozarks or the Rockies that wouldn't be quite as far. I'm thinking Alaska would be nice though if I can just convince my dad to take one of those
"Father/Son - Bucketlist" trips - and spend 10-14 days up there.

Sara said...

I think Alaska is a fab idea! Good luck convincing Dad! Love ya!