Monday, November 24, 2008

Tim Noakes' 26 Weeks to a Marathon W2 D1

Got the results from my Health Risk Assessment back today from my insurance provider. I am NOT making this up. It says (and I quote):

ConditionsNowGoal
Cirrhosis of liver
Alcohol
2 drink(s) per weekNone to 2 drinks a day

That's right you read it here first! I get to increase my booze consumption to 2 drinks per day with the complete blessings (nay...at the behest) of my insurance carrier! I'm having this document notarized & laminated so I can show my Family doc when I go for my next physical.

5:05 AM - Wake up
5:10 AM - Put on the Coffee
5:25 AM - Out the door W20
6:00 AM - 1 Apple
6:30 AM - 12 oz 2% Milk w/ 2 Scoops Muscle Milk Lite (chocolate milk)
7:00 AM - Coffee (2 cups + 2 for the road) w/Honey & Half and Half
8:30 AM - 16 oz water
10:30 AM - 16 oz water

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

???
Gotta love insurance companies! I didn't see any booze on the list, btw.

juandissimo said...

Yah, I get what they meant ("Hey bonehead! If you want to be semi healthy then try to keep the alcohol consumption to 2 drinks per day max!") but when your at 2 drinks per week on average... perhaps they should have it scripted to say something along the lines of "Good Work! Your well within guidelines for what we consider healthy" (or some such).

Sara said...

Naaa! I think 2 drinks a day minimum is what you need; it makes our family more tolerable. ;)

Jennifer said...

Okay, so how's the marathon training going?

juandissimo said...

The marathon training is where it should be I'm still building my base for full time running (see my most recent blog post for details).
Good point Sara - and a quote to remember:
Ted Templeman: Why do you drink so much Dave? Do you like yourself more when you drink?
David Lee Roth: No Ted, I don't like myself any more or less. But I do like you a-WHOLE-lot more when I drink.